Speakers for a Classe CA-201

I am dying to get something new in my system and am thinking about new speakers. I have Totem Model One Signatures at the moment backed up by an NHT SubTwo. The amp is a Classe CA-201 with an Adcom GFP-750 preamp. My current source is a Rega Planet primarily but I am not going to replace it until I find an SACD player that I cannot live without. Cardas cross biwire wires connect the speakers, an RCA pair of crosses goes from CD to Preamp and I am putting in Red Rose's new premier interconnect with XLR between the amp and preamp as soon as they come. Thanks for your input everyone (P.S. Please avoid LP recommendations, I am looking into vinyl setups right now but want to familiarize myself a lot more with the options before I buy anything)
128x128nhorton

Showing 1 response by ramstl

If your room can handle it I would recommend you look into a pair of Maggies, i.e., 1.6, 2.7 or 3. I am vary familar with Maggie, Classe, and Adcom match. This is a good system match. The subwoofer you have may or may not be a good match. For full enjoyment run the Maggies with a subwoofer. I have had good luck with a M&K THX 150, however, other prefer the Carver Cube or its equal.