speakers for 300b amp

HI EVEYONE,
NEED HELP ON PICK A GOOD AND REASONABLE PRICE SET OF SPEAKERS FOR 300B AMP ABOUT 9 WATTS PER CHANNEL...
OR COULD I BIAMP AND USE A 300B FOR THE TOP AND ANOTHER POWERFUL AMP FOR THE BOTTOM...OR IAM DEFEATING THE USE OF 300B AMP...
128x128nealvito
Though you could biamp, many feel that you should run a 300B full range to allow harmonic development over the entire frequency range.
Audio Note makes a speaker that you can drive with as little as 3 watts. Ideally suited for SET amps. VERY musical. 95db 6-8 ohm. 8 nominal. Prices range from $3500 to $20,000. If you send me a e-mail I will be happy to e-mail you responses from customers who have heard them. Find a local dealer and listen to them. They are incredible. We have actually driven them with a 1.5 watt amp with good results allthough I recommend a little more.
Twl has hands-on experienceon the subject and says it all. Just to add that a complex c/over is not recommended -- it eats up energy of which you have little! Hence, the added convenience of a single driver
hello
twl is quite right -- you need efficient speakers that has enough transparency,

check out the coincident uhs series of speakers

the triumph signature uhs--monitor/bookshelf --94 db

the conquest floorstander--95 db

the victory floor stander --97db

check them out on our showcase on audiogon at --
http://audiogo1.iserver.net/cgi-bin/sh.pl?0&1&adlr&Questforsound&home&

or on coincidents web site at http://www.coincidentspeaker.com/speakers.htm

good listening
stephen
With a 300B amp, you want an efficient speaker that has enough transparency, especially in the midrange, to let the amp show its stuff. Many SET enthusiasts choose Lowther because of the 98db efficiency, the high detail, natural tonal qualities, single driver format w/ no crossovers. I use them and love them. There are also some others that fall into this category, AER MK1, REPS-1, Fostex, etc. Some speakers that use Lowther are, Lammhorn, ORIS horns, Beauhorn, Carfrae, Hedlund, Medallion. Many enclosures that use Lowther can also use AER and REPS-1.
Unfortunately, you won't find electrostatics to suit your amp due to typical e-stat load difficulties and low efficiency. You will be confined primarily to cone driver systems of 8-16 ohms. Of these, the single driver systems are typically used with 300B's for the same reason most choose 300B amps. They let the music through.