Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
I'm glad I'm not he only one who thinks BOSE is one of the worst speakers. I remember when I was in high school a friend of mine was telling me how the BOSE 901's were the best sounding speakers. Even back then, with my limited audio experience, when I heard them in a store I could never understand why people thought this. The various array of drivers was supposed to simulate a "live" sound. Obviously they've done a great job in the marketing department because every major electronics store and department store sells them. The thing that upsets me is that things like the "Acoustimass" system are not inexpensive. People could get so much more enjoyment for their money if they would go to the audio specialty shops instead of the "Best Buy/Circuit City" type places. But most people are like sheep I guess.
Stop bashing Bose! They're the smartest people on the planet! Dr. Amar is a pure genius, smarter than Albert Einstein. Bose has taken a piece of junk and using smart marketing and advertising, built an audio empire. Their board of directors must be fun to be around because they're always laughing all the way to the bank! P.T. Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every minute. So, let's bash something else. How about Infinity?
I believe if I cracked open my speakerphone and smoke detector and mounted their drivers in a shoe box the sound would be more pleasant than any offering from Bose.
Okay, I'll take the bait and go after something other than Bose: PSB. At least the lineup below the Bronze. I've heard these speakers in a variety of setting at different stores and, while they are not godawful, I think they're pretty unimpressive. I really don't get how others can compare them to, say, Monitor Audio or Paradigm or even B&W of comparable prices and pick the PSB. A very dull, artificial sound in my book. Or am I just hearing them in extremely poor setups?