Speaker upgrade question - Wilson vs Focal

Hey audiogoners!

Thinking of upgrading and need the community/expert input.

Thinking of upgrading from a set of usher mini ones that I've had and loved for a few years.

I listened to a bunch of speakers, Focus Audio, Martin Logan, B&w, higher end ushers, Wilson audio, and Focal.

The ones I liked the most were the Wilson Audio Sasha DAW and the Focal Sopra 3. 

Loved the forward and detailed instrumentation on the Wilson's, especially the Sasha DAW, but liked the vocals slightly better on the sopras, though instrumentation on them was not as crisp as on Wilson's. But the two are very close.

Music is mostly jazz, classical, light rock, electronic and occasionally symphonic metal / European metal (night wish, sonata Arctica, dream theater). Mostly jazz though, vocal and instrumental. 

Trying to decide between getting the Wilson audio yvette, ( Sasha is too expensive and Sabrina's don't deliver enough) and Focal Sopra 3. Though I can wait a few years and get the Sasha then second hand.

I won't be considering other brands since I already did that research run around. These two brands work best for me and synergize well with my inwall home theater speakers (origin d87s).

I will be powering them using a McIntosh mc452 /C2600 for 2 channel, mostly LPs (McIntosh mt10) and tidal streaming and a anthem 1120 for home theater. 

What you guys think? Go for the Yvettes, wait for the Sasha's or go for the focals? 

Thanks.

128x128mepstein10
I read on the stereo-magazine issue 20 technical review that the Mino has a DC resistor at 4 ohms but is nearly ruler flat 5 to 7 ohm speaker at 89.4 db SPL. Looks easy to drive with a 130 w. tube monoblocks. Also, it is -3db at 37Hz.  My new audio room was built to maintain a 30Hz cycle flat, then dissipate below (the custom audio room is built to the highest standards for listening use only $175,000).    The Tonda has larger woofers and mid-woofer.   It is reportedly priced at $29,000  (the Mino at $23,000).  I suspect the Tonda would be a better fit.  I have no technical specs on it other than it is 1 db more efficient but 10% more difficult to drive at 3.7 ohm minimum.  Still, easy for my amps.   Have you heard the Von Schweikert V55K active?  If you have, how does it compare to the Vimbergs?  The Luminwhites are from a smaller company.  I would prefer a larger company's products in case a driver failed.   Thanks
Focal all day everyday.
The most important part of a speaker is the driver, and Focal drivers > Wilson drivers.
Ive never liked wilsons despite hearing them countless times.  So between those two the focals would win handily, but maybe we have different taste.  In that price bracket I would really be looking at Sonus Fabers or Vandersteens but thats my taste and my dollars.  

Frostdotcomm,

The newer Wilson’s are quite good and are way more musical then earlier versions of the speakers.

However,

The Focal tweeter is both smooth and detailed especially in the latest versions, they have more air and upper octave presence than the Wilsons, the lastest EVO series also has a stunning midrange.

So if you lean towards greater clarity with a less defined soundstage Focal

If you lean towards more warmth in the midrange, less upper octave air, a bigger soundstage, with a bit more focused image Wilson.

Personally we would not go with the Sonus or the Vandersteen over either of these speakers.

The Sonus sound like a better cabineted Wilson without the exciting presentation, and the Vandys are just too laid back without the detail or excitiement of either the Wilsons or the Focals.

For the record we sell none of the above.

We did hear the latest Sonus and The Vandy Quattro CT and the Vandy 7 at the Axpona, 

The Wilson's sounded fantastic, the Sopras were good, the Focal Evo Grande Utopias were amazing if the current smaller Scalas sound like a smaller Grande Utopia that is one hell of a loudspeaker and way better than the older versions as we've said before the Vimbergs were also extremely impressive. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I have Usher BE20s with the upgraded GR Research crossover and they are stellar IMO. They will be up for sale replaced by the much more expensive Vivid Giya G2 S2s. I demo'd Wilson, Vandersteen, Focal, TAD, etc. and the only 2 brands that "beat" the Ushers were the Vandersteen 6 and Vivid Giyas (at 2x+ the Usher's price). Ping me if you are interested, at <$10K used they are one of the best to my ears.