Speaker upgrade around 100k retail

Hi guys,

I'm selling my Focal Maestro Utopia III speakers, which I love very much. Nothing wrong with them, I only have the bug again. So here are the ones I'm considering as next step

- Focal Stella Utopia EM (not the new EVO)
- Rockport Altair 2
- Magico M Project
- Tidal Agoria

My system:

CH Precision C1 + D1 / dCS Rossini
Krell EVO Two
Krell FPB 450 mcx / Lamm M1.2 / Burmester 911 monos
Tara Labs cabling

I would buy them as ex-demo or second hand, price differences are within 10-20k range.

So please share your thoughts, experiences, suggestions. Which one yould you choose?
ssblnt99
I have to agree. I love my Stella Utopias!  Before that I had the Nola Grand References, four towers, and couldn’t live with them, no mid bass impact and disappointing bass for a separate  tower of woofers! Plus having to biamp. Not a wise purchase, but now I have music, impact, and coherent beautiful sound! 
The bass is epic, isn't it?

That''s so interesting Tim...i still have the (deep breath) Concert Grand Reference Golds on my shortlist. I wonder if the more conventional two tower layout addresses the issue you faced, which has been reported by owners.

It was my previous experience Alon speakers were exemplary in the area you say yours were deficient in, it really is quite striking

I was minded to combine the CGRG's with the sub towers you had with your Grands. Carl offered me the same package with the next ones down the range, but i really felt i wanted the main towers to be big enough to do the heavy lifting wrt the lower frequencies, with the subs only rolling in sub 40hz. It's still something i may end up doing, when funds permit, but likely as a second system with Wavac power amps.

What do you drive your Stellas with?

Unless I missed it, no one is suggesting YG speakers. If I were in the market at your price range I would give them a serious listen. I’ve heard them about half a dozen times in various venues, and each time it was wonderful.
I think Yoav Geva is one of the best designers out there. And they look good too.
I have really enjoyed the Tidals when I have heard them, but I've only ever heard them on an all Tidal system. It would be interesting to hear what they sound like with different gear (and you've got some top-notch stuff! to try them with!).