Speaker upgrade

Good morning all, hope everyone is well.

My planned HIFI change for 2023 is a change in loudspeakers. My top contenders are JBL L100, Klipsch Forte IV or Corwall IV’s, another couple I am very interested in are the Volit Razz, and possibly the Paradigm F80.

System consists of Rogue RP-1, Rogue Atlas Mag III, Line Magnetic CD-24, MOFI Master deck and Master tracker.

Room is an untreated living room 15x15, hardwood with thick throw rug and lightly furnished.

I have listened to the Klipsch and the Paradigm, enjoyed them both. They are different animals as one would imagine.

I listen to mostly Jazz, Rock and "American Roots" (not modern country).

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

+1 Volti Razz - heard them at the last AXPONA - sounded great.

For my foray into flea watt amps, I wanted neutral uncolored speakers efficient enough to be driven by my 300B 8w SET amps.  Klipsch speakers, a long established company with many fans, seemed rather colored compared to the Volti's offerings.  So I recently purchased the next model up the Volti Rival 100db for increased efficiency.

@helomech, yep completely understand. Was the exact same response I had when another person mentioned it to me. 

Very few of the top speaker manufacturers use the best parts. Sonus Faber on some of their top models has just started. If you look inside the latest models from SF, you will see a better level of parts. On their less expensive models, they still use pretty inexpensive parts. 

A good friend of mine has a pair of Maxx 3s, They sound pretty good stock, but he built an external crossover out of the best parts, copying the original. Once you hear it, really tough to go back. Better imaging, better soundstage depth, better microdynamics, less smearing of the sound. 

An iron core inductor has so much hysteresis it can't compete with an air core inductor let alone a copper foil inductor.