Speaker suggestions under 4k

Well here it is. I sold my Tekton Double Impacts and my Lyngdorf 2170 a while back. I thought it sounded very good! I was getting out of audio and wasn't listening much anymore. Well..... now winter is here, I'm bored and have the itch to get something descent again. 
I like rock/metal/bluegrass/ acoustic/ some country. I need impact and good midbass and low fatigue. I have a Crown DCI 4/300 and a upgraded Jolida Fusion preamp at the moment. Plenty of power for almost anything. 

My biggest pet peeve is cabinets that start talking at high levels or when the sound hardens at high levels. 

Willing to drive up to 300miles 1 way for the right deal and I am in West Mi. A little older does not bother me at all. I've just started looking and a few I've been eying are:
Aerial LR5 or Model 9
Dali MS4
LSA 20 statements (new)
KEF 205/2
Dynaudio Focus 360

Any others anyone feels I should keep an eye out for in this price range? 

Thanks
mofojo
The speakers were delivered yesterday along with my new RME ADI-2 DAC. First impressions are very favorable. Very neutral and organic. Stayed up way too late last night listening. I am paying for that somewhat today. Thinking I'm gonna be slacking at work today as my office is in the same room. 
The finish if veneer but glossy. What would be the best way to clean it? 
I have lived with the Pioneers for 5-6 days and could not be more pleased. They are fantastic and I feel a huge bang for the buck for what I paid for them. They do excite my room more than I had anticipated. I got some bass traps set up correctly a few days ago and that basically knocked out the problem completely. Ceiling and wall treatment is next. 

@howaboutthat41,
Thanks again for the heads up!

To Mofojo,

I would ask you to discribe your room/listening space firstly. Any wall treatments, carpet, ceiling tiles etc. I mention this only because you mention a hardening upon loud levels. My finger wants to point to the Crown amp on this. Far better options I think are available. Was your room too small for the Tekton DIs you had ? 

I believe the listening space and their acoustic treatments are just as important as the gear used to join in a synergy that brings music to life and beyond. 

Been at this for 45+ years one way or another, which means squat other than I know what I like, my musical tastes, the equipment that melds together to form that certain synergy that puts a smile on my mug. 

East Michigan here, Metro Detroit area. Enjoy.