Speaker suggestions

Greetings,

I know this is a difficult question to answer, but any opinions are welcome.

Here is my situation. I listen mostly to pop and classical, including many symphonies. About 15x25 feet (5x8m) untreated room. 20wpc Decware amp currently driving 15 y/o LSI 15 polks. Polks are doing fine, nothing wrong with them. I am the 2nd owner.

I am considering an upgrade to my speakers. Would like to have full (or near full) range speakers, no sub, strongly prefer something made (assembled, not just designed) in the US, with 2-3k budget.

One option is to refurb/upgrade the Polks. About 1k gets me new premium crossover, new damping material, full inspection, and cleaning with some cosmetic finish work at a local well regarded audio shop.

The other option is buying something new. I plan to keep the system for at least 15-20 years, so need something well built, with solid fit/finish, and good internal electronics so I do not need to recap for at least 15 years.

Prefer new but will consider lightly used option if find something specific I like.

Have been looking lately at Tecton DI and Impact towers. Some posts mentioned that they do not measure very well, but I did not see any charts on the forums or on their site. Mostly great user reviews,
Other options are Ascend Acoustics Sierra towers, Klipsch Reference, SVS ultra towers. I think those are all US made. Spatial audio has great reviews, but not sure how well they handle complex classical music. 

Can you please provide comments/suggestions? Any other options worth considering. I am not much of DIY person.

Thanks much.
sophie999
Try Tonian Labs. You might be able to find one used or Tony Minasian might custom build one for you like he did for me. I have a 30 w/channel Luxman can run very loud in my room. Sensitivity runs around 92. They have a full sound but do not dig deep below 40 hz. Enough for classical and jazz, though
I have a pair of Focal 926 Aria's. I really think their mid range and high end are stellar. They are ported, but work great with my Gallo sub. I highly reccomend these soeakers. I am driving them with new Peachtree Nova 150, but they are 93db, so they could work  well in a small room with less power.
Ilumnia Magister.. Perfect sound . Above 30000$. Never ever heared such a beautifull sound!!!
I own Klipsch Heresy IIIs for a second system in my den and love them. They do need a subwoofer however for the last octave or so, which you need for orchestral works.  I agree with tls49 that a 100 watt amp (solid state will give better bass control) would be needed for your Polks to get a concert level sound, and like tinear123 above I place dynamics high on the list of priorities so prefer horns.  If you want new, the Klipsch Forte III would be near your budget and you could get by without a subwoofer.  Another option would be a pair of used Klipsch Cornwalls. Any of the Klipsch will be well driven by your Decware 20 wpc amp. Good luck!