Speaker suggestion for Pass Labs Int-150

I'm looking into changing my current speakers(Canton Reference 9.2) into something else.

PROBLEM
I've noticed that I'm currently not pleased with the sound. I don't know if there's something wrong with my amp bit I think that the speakers sounds like a heavy load and that the sound isn't as "light" as I would prefer. I find that I'm mostly listen to the system and not the music, and I really hare that.. I've just today discovered that i enjoyed my friends system containing an old onkyo home theater amp paired with 90's Canton floorstanders..

SYSTEM
The speakers are connected with Supra swords and paired with an velodyne dd10 and i use the system to both music(computer and cd's) and with movie-watching.
I listen to all kinds of music so the speaker should work as an allrounder as well as for movies.

ROOM
I have the system in the living-room (7,40m vs 3.60m, cealing 2,4m) I have to have the speakers against the longest wall and the listening position is by the opposite wall. The speakers should work quite near the back wall because the area in front works as an passage to the balcony.

BEWARE
It would also be nice if the speakers are heavy or can be bolted on evetual stands due to high frequency of toddlers in the apartment.

Due to WAF the room can't be treated but we have a lot of bookcases, rugs and furniture in the room so it works ok anyway.

STORES
I live quite near the capital Stockholm in Sweden so there are several stores within driving range. Many won't lend you the speakers home though.

BUDGET is around 5k and I'm more than willing to by used items. Worth mentioning is that I haven't heard the amp with other speakers than my own. I got a really god deal on the amp so i went for it after reading several reviews.

CONCLUSION
Does anyone have a suggestion? What speakers should i audition?
Or should I downgrade, put the hifi on hold and wait until I can have a dedicated room for my system and not be needing to nervously sit and watch while my child learns to walk and not be concerned that a speaker may tip over her.

Hope you can help and thank you in advise.
mareri031

Showing 1 response by cal3713

I've never heard them, but I know Nelson Pass voices his amps with Tannoy... and they're of a shape that's not easily knocked over by the little ones.