Speaker Sugestions Wanted $1500 max

Just for some backround, I am 15-years-old and in love with audio. My current system includes Klipsch RF-3's, Shanling Stp-80 (35 wpc 4,8 ohm taps), Crapy cd player ( to be upgraded), turntable sold (had yamaha px-3) but thinking of a vpi in the near future, hk430 (using only tuner)

Now for the point. I am intresting in getting new speakers, I like my RF-3's but there are somthings I dislike. First off the highs are a little shrill and fatiging. The build quility isn't very nice. And I just feel its time for an upgrade, and I feel for $1500 I can woop the pants off my current speakers.

I Listen to Rock and vocal/ small band jazz, at moderate levels. I need speakers that will work well with my new shanling stp-80. It can easily drive my klipsch and looking for the same. I need bass so if your going to sugest monitors a sub, stands, and the speaker will have to be avalible for my $1500 max budget, even though the less I spend the rest will go towards more music. I would like to have a floorstander, just for the bigger sound and bass, but I am open to anything really. I would rather have used, for the bang for the buck option.

I also don't want a laid back "polite" speaker. I want something that is dynamic and live sounding.

Thanks
crazytubepower

Showing 2 responses by mauiaudioman

I second the GMA Europa's. Amazing speaker for under a grand. The other poster is right....once you own GMA speakers you will always own GMA speakers. I just ordered the new Calypso.......anxiously awaiting delivery.
Aktchi,
I sold high end audio for over a decade, so I heard virtually everything that was out there at some point. Some of the new, small companies that have popped up I have yet to hear. I would like to hear the Zu speakers, they seem to be on the right track. Direct comparisons have been done with ADS L-1290's, B&W 805's, Infinity IRS, Revel, Accoustat, Paradigm (entire line), Sonus Faber and others. Most of the comparisons have been done in my home which is brick, has a large listening room ( 16 x 30) roughly. Although some of the speakers had deaper bass, none of them had the realism of the GMA's. I have used pretty much every type of music. Rock, jazz, big band, new age, solo guitar/piano, hawaiian, rap, vocals, standards, audiophile and non audiophile recordings, vinyl, HDCD, and DVDA formats. I'm also a musician, which has at least one advantage: I make my own masters so I know how they have been eq'd, etc. I know what my Martin guitar sounds like because I play it daily. At times in listening tests the gma's are scary real. I'm not trying to belittle other designers. I'm trying to get people to at least listen to one designer that, in my opinion at least, does things the right way. Hope this helps.