Speaker spikes on concrete or wood floor best?

Would it be better to spike speakers thru carpet onto a wood floor or a concrete floor?
husk01
Hi Dhl93449

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just saw this posting now.

I've decided to keep the plinths underneath my KEFs. What you say makes a lot sense. The engineered wood is 1/2" thick.

This is the name:

Home Legend High Gloss Oak Gunstock 1/2 in. Thick x 4-3/4 in. Wide x Random Length Engineered Hardwood Flooring. Model # HL110P

I'm going to be calling Mapleshade and Edensound for their ideas regarding floor protection for the spikes soon. A more expensive solution may be changing the spikes on the plinth to the radiused footers. I was even thinking about the Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider or the Cone/Spike Isolation Bases if I keep the spikes on the plinths.

Thanks again.
No Spikes.

Ever.

Not turntables and definitely not speakers,no matter what is claimed for them.

At least not where compellingly musical sound is concerned.

And concrete is vastly inferior to wood as as surface to support real music.

Should have said IMO, even though it isn't even close.
Hornguys,

curious what your reasoning is for this? why do so many manufacturers ship with spikes then?
My reasoning is simply from listening.

Everyone who hears the comparison always agrees. A lot of head shaking goes on as people cannot believe they been led to believe this myth.

The sound goes from tight "audiophile" bass to realistic sounding bass with proper form, attack, and beauty.

One of the most successful high end companies does this, and it takes about five minutes to convert them from mechanical sounding 'precise' speakers to something that actually produces music.

I have no idea why they use spikes. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Even the expensive products do it - to their considerable detriment, IMO.

The improvement in the musical results are mind boggling when this old-wives-tale get addressed.
I don't like spikes for my speakers either. Takes away some of the musical experience and enjoyment.