Speaker setup for HT in $2000 range

I want to spend a maximum of $2000 for my HT speakers. I would like some advice for a five speaker setup. I just bought a Denon AVR 3803 and want to use 2 channels for my outdoor speakers and five for my HT. What is out there that I should look at.
bryanhod

Showing 1 response by slappy

Go with KEFs.
I had a Denon 3803 pushing KEF Q1s. Sounded fantastic.

You could buy 4 of these for 900 (225 each), get thier matching center channel for 350, and have a good 700 or so to get a real nice HT subwoofer.

Later on down the road if you want to make it a 7.1 rig just buy a another pair of Q1s

They are bookshelf size, reach down to 45hz, sound fantastic. I bought a pair of these origionally for "Interim" speakers untill i could get something else nicer. Took em home and buy the time they broke in i was planning on buying 3 more pair and thier center. Then things got bad and i had to sell my rig.

Great speakers, for the price you just cant beat em. they match perfectly with that Denon 3803.

you know, you COULD do 7.1 surround and still use a couple speakers for outdoor use. Its only a few menu selections to switch the stuff.