Speaker Selection Help

I'm on a $2200 budget set by my wife to upgrade my front left/right/center speakers. My room is approximately 2500sq ft. with hardwood floors. I'm using a marantz sr7007 currently with no amp. I'm saving an extra $1000 or so for a sub upgrade as well. I'm currently using polk audio rm8s as my surrounds in my 5.1 setup because my wife likes the small speaker look behind the couch. I dont mind upgrading them but they would need to be small if a suggestion is posted.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
jeffpell
+1 Buconero, One of the most useful marital retorts is keeping track of exactly how many pairs of black shoes in your wife's inventory.

Be warned though, use this sparingly. I went overboard and she culled through her collection which made room for updates.
For OP,
I have Wavetouch Grand Teton (GT) speakers. GT speaker is well in your budget. GT are small stand mount speakers which your wife likes! It’s very loud at 94db and really musical that you don’t need a separate 2ch set up. A pair of GT speakers were too loud in a big hall (22’ x 35’x 15’h) without a sub.

I am using GT speakers for front LCR and small cheap no name speakers for 2 rears. I have a Marantz SR8500, OPPO BDP-95, Wavetouch GT speakers, Velodyne CT-120. I am very happy with HT and 2 ch. Sound. I sold all my hi-end gears. I don’t look back and no plan to upgrade. The receiver and GT speaker sound better than any hi-end set up I had for last 20 years. I don’t turn off music. I just lower the volume at night. No family member has complained last 3 weeks.