Speaker Selection: B&W 805S or Revel M22 w/Sli-80

Hi,
Please help select the right speakers for the long run for our upcoming purchase of cary sli-80. My wife and I listen to mostly female vocals;krall, jones, enjoy a full soundstage environment. Will be running with rega planet 2K with au24 ICs and Anti-cable speaker cables. Speakers will be place on the long wall of a 10x20 room.

Your suggestions/comments are appreciated.
Thx
cmrkyeung

Showing 2 responses by bluebull

Had the M20's,prefered them over the Nautilus 805's.Upgraded to Merlin VSM-MMs.A completely different league ...
I would suggest the Merlin TSM-MM or MX.Will go extremely well with your Cary tube amp,since the Merlins are well damped in design...
I powered my Revel M20's with a Pathos Logos.Excellent combination.Pathos manufacture fine amps.
I would suggest to go for Merlin TSM-MM speakers with the Pathos Classic One Mk II.This will be a better combo compared to the Pathos/M22's.I would also suggest to go for some nice Siemens or Amperex NOS 6DJ8/6922/ECC88 tubes for the Classic Mk II.Very easy to do tube rolling on the Pathos amps,tubes are open ,so dont have to open up the unit,no biasing to be done.

Pathos Classic One Mk II and the Merlin TSM-MMs should be fantastic... !