Speaker recommendation. have $2,500

My ideal speaker is Dynaudio C4. Obviously, not going to happen. Will be buying used. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

System:

Simaudio w-3
Simaudio P5.3
Lavry DA10
blazerfan
Fritz (www.fritzspeakers.com) - he can build you a custom pair or perhaps Songtowers from Salk Sound (check out www.audiocircle.com)
Excellent ideas.

A few others.

Used B and W 703s. They are now discontinued and that's too bad. They sound great and would, I gather, thrive off your amp. B and Ws 6 series line is now Made in China and frankly, in my view, was nothing special when they were UK made.

Try the Paradigm Ref Studio 60, 80 or 100. There are lots of Paradigm dealers and it will be easy to spend some time listening.

By the way, many stores in our spiffy economy, will let you demo already broken in stuff at home after taking a cancelable swipe of your credit card. Listening in your room on your equipment is the key.
I'm a Triangle fetishist and they are certainly worth a listen if you can. On a personal note, I ended up with the Triangle Celius (now discontinued but widely available on this site) after spending time with the B and W 703s and the 683s and a lower priced Dali as well as the Gallo item with the alum arms. I thought the Celius and the 703s were the same in overall enjoyment (they were different but the fact the Triangles would do ok on tubes sealed the deal as that's a possible next step). Neither the Dali or the 683 were near that level and I disliked thev Gallos although I later found out that the pair was still somewhat green.
Had I heard the Paradigm 100s, I would have likely picked them although they might be a bit less detailed than the Triangle Celius.

Finallty, is there a Focal dealer near you? If so, they are also worth a listen.

Excuse any typos etc as I wrote this from my PDA.
Speaking of Gallo, the 3.1 reference is well within your budget used, and I have heard them sound fantastic with Sim Audio gear.
There is a review of the PSB Imagine T in Stereophile - thanks to Kal for pointing it out - it looks impressive and we are talking excellent value.
If you have the right room you can get a pair of K Horns for that price. Howard