Speaker recommendation for Home Theater

Ok.  I need some advice.  Here is some context:  I’ve been out of the HiFi game for over 10 years.  My last set of speakers were a Magnepan 5.1 setup with 1.6QR mains, CC3 center and surrounds and a REL B3 Sub.  These are starting to buzz due to old age and i figured I might just upgrade all around.    I do love the sound of the Maggies in a surround setup but could be up for a change.  Total budget would be about $15k (+/-) for a 5.1 setup.   I’d also be open to going 7.1.4 with some Atmos action down the road...  

I don’t do much 2 channel listening anymore - kids and forced-family-fun have ruled out time for me to sit anywhere for more than 30 seconds except when watching movies.  

What say you?  
wanderingmoo
Post removed 
Thank you all for your thoughts.  I’ve put together a short-list of the speakers I’d like to audition - a bit limited to where I live but so far we have: 

1. Dynaudio Contour series
2. KEF R-series
3. Monitor Audio silver line

Not crazy about in-wall or ceiling setup because I move every 5 years or so and the thought of leaving bits behind to people who will likely not appreciate them disturbs my calm.  

As for upstream gear, I am going to look at separates - haven’t started much research on that front yet.  I have a Marantz AV processor now and don’t have any issues with it, beyond it being 7 years old.  Maybe upgrade to an AV7705 and get a nice amp.  Once I choose speakers I’ll go there next.  

Oh this is getting exciting...  

Thanks again, 
Steve 

@wanderingmoo 

B&W, KEF, Paradigm, Focal are all great for home theater.

As for an av processor, if you want to go with the Marantz would recommend to go with a used recently discontinued AV8802/AV8802A. It is a clear step up sonically from the AV7704/7705. Today a used AV8802 can be had for around $2k or less in used markets. Anthem AVM60 will be another great processor with its superior ARC2 room correction. 
If you don't need 4K pass through nor the latest 3D surround sound objects formats eg Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro-3D then you should also consider other older and recently discontinued processors : a used discontinued Classe Sigma SSP (not the Mk2 version), a used discontinued Classe SSP 800, a used NAD M17 (not the v2), a used discontinued Krell Foundation (original version), a used discontinued or previous models from various Audio Control Maestro and Arcam processors that can be had today for around $2500 to $3k and less. 

As for multi-channel power amps I highly recommend the following : Rotel RMB-1585, a used & discontinued Parasound Halo A51, a used Classe Sigma Amp5, a used NAD M27. 

Good suggestions.  I have thought about Atmos in the future but haven't heard a good setup yet.  I need to find a place (not Best Buy) to get educated.  I'll have a look at the AV8802.  Getting an updated processor (that sounds better) for around $2k does excite me :-). 

I'll see what I can afford once I make a decision on the speakers.  I think between projector, electronics and speakers, I'm going to need to make priorities and likely compromise in the near-term.  

What is your room size?. For movies only I would think $15k is quite a large budget, at-last for me. Center channel is quite important, a large one will go a long way and good sub too. One does not need full range speakers for movies if I am not mistaken. 

+1 for Marantz AV, best go with high efficiency speakers.

I think Paradigm Reference Prestige line is quite good. +1 for Legacy Audio if you want them to sing sometimes too. There are so many choices, but key is efficient speakers. Those Maggies need a lot of power if I am not mistaken.