speaker recommendation 2500 or less small room

I am new to the high end audio world and need some advice. I am a law student so money is a big issue and more than likely I will be buying used. Currently I have a set of Infinity IL60s that have blown the amps several times and I am tired of dealing with Infinity. I would like something that is well put together. I normally don't listen to my music loud. I am set up in a small room with only about 8' to the speakers so I need something that will not be picky about placement as they will be close to the back wall as well. This is also the room where I study so a speaker that has a spacious sound would be a big plus, I don't normally stay in the "sweet spot" to terribly long. I like the sound of the B&W CM7. I mention this to indicate what kind of sound I am looking for. Basically if there is anything that anyone can recommend that meets this list of hopeful options I will be very grateful. There is not really not a big selection to listen to around here so if anyone could suggest something that is for sale on this forum that would be seriously awesome. Sorry for the long post, but I have spent a great deal of time reading reviews and opinions and feel more lost now than I did a few months ago.

My current set up

Harman Kardon AVR 325 for the pre amp
McIntosh MC 300
Sony ES cd player
gsxr750ccs

Showing 1 response by racamuti