Speaker match for Plinius 8200 Mk II

Any recommendations for speakers that sound good with the Plinius 8200 Mk II integrated amp? I'm wanting a full-range, three-way speaker pair in the $4000-$5000 (retail) price range. I want something that weighs in at less than 100 pounds (45 kilos). I'm looking for a straight forward, sealed box design - no ported boxes and nothing such as electrostatics, etc.

Speaker cable recommendations to go with the speaker recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

Don
hessong

Showing 3 responses by tbrros

I would seriously look at the B&W Nautilus 803's. I have the 804's with the Plinius and it is a great combo.
I recently bought the Musical Fidelity 3.2 power amp which I am running from the pre out on my new Sony ES receiver as I wanted to go home theatre without ruining my 2 channel. I really love the MF. I think it is better than the Plinius and less money as well. I would love to get a good preamp to test the 3.2 WOW that would be nice. If I get tired of home theatre that is what I will do. Back to Hessong's question I would now look to try and get the Nu-vista amp to go with the 803's The integrated would have plenty of power but it would set you back an arm and a leg
I have a subwoofer from B&W that really makes all the difference when it comes to rock/pop