Speaker match for 75 watt Tenor amps

I'm getting very close to purchasing a pair of
Tenor amps and would like some opinions on speaker
choices. Top contenders so far; Verity Parsifal
encores and Coincidents. I'm pretty sold on the
Verity ,but interested in other peoples opinions.
saxman2

Showing 1 response by audio999

I had the Verity Parsifal Encore for about 15 months before i sold it recently on Audiogon,but i didn't have the Tenor.

I have use Jadis JA 250(180W),Cary 805(50W),ML 383(100W SS,I helped my friend to sell it on Audiogon and i tried it for fun),and the KR Audio Mono Kronzilla (100W).

All my amps were over than 75W except for Cary 805.

JA 250 : Warm,deep,and huge soundtage. The power of the Jadis was more than enough to make the parsifal rock.

Cary 805 : Very musical,roll-off at low freq,the bass was not solid as the JA 250. Mostly i just used the 805 to drive the monitor only since i felt the 50W from Cary was not powerfull enough for the Parsifal even though i have a small room. (I like high volume)

ML 383 : Hearing only 2 hours,i didn't know what's wrong with that amp since Cary 805 was more powerful than the ML 383 in my room .

Kronzilla : The bottom end remainded me of my Jadis JA 250 with adding more control and balance.Very musical,detail, and as the JA 250,the Kronzilla was never lacked of power driving the Parsifal.

In my system,the Kronzilla follow by the JA 250 were my choice.

Just remember that the Parsifal impedance is 4 ohm and below 3.6 ohm at 40's Hz. (I know that OTL like high impedance.)

I haven't heard the Tenor,but if the Tenor has 25 Watts more than the Cary 805,you can go with it.

Good luck