Speaker isolation or absorbtion - what is best?

I have Verity Audio Parsifal Encores on a carpeted concret floor in my basement, using the stock brass spikes. I am reading up on possible improvements through isolation/vibration control/absorbition.

There appear to be two schools of thought. "Isolation" decouples the speaker from the external environment, leaving the energy of the cabinet with no where to go, but prevents distortion caused by energy transmitted from the cabinet to the environment (e.g. a vibrating floor). My spikes on concrete are an example of isolation.

By contrast, absorbtion "drains" the vibration energy from the cabinets, thereby reducing its harmful effect on the speaker performance. Stillpoints and symposium are examples of absorbtion based approaches. This appear to me very opposite philosophies of how to go about improving speaker performance.

Three questions. First, is my understanding correct? Second, in my environment (carpeted concrete), which way should I go to get the best out of my parsifals. Third, what specific products (platforms, cones, spikes etc) have you used succesfully with the parsifals to achieve optimal isolation or absorbtion (on a carpeted concrete floor!)?
edorr
At 700 a pop playing with absorbtion platforms/stands is not exaclty cheap, but the bottom line of the useful responses appears to be "try some alternative setups and see what works best". I will do just that.
Save some money. Try the Herbies products designed for speakers. 90 day trial period to boot so no risk. I use Adona platforms under my speakers, granite side face down. Works well for me on top of carpet.
Yes, good idea. It will give you perspective - which is good. I would say this works great, that i mentioned above. Better than changing cables, speakers (at times actually).
But all of us are different, and as it is too much bogus at the market, i understand some might think this is one of them.

Chime in if you find your key to all this!

Good luck:)