Speaker input question for Jolida 102B

I'm still a bit of a newbie to the audiophile world, so bear with me...

I just bought the Jolida 102B amp (it arrived today) because I wanted to explore the world of tubes at an entry level. I use Klipsch Synergy B3 speakers that are 8 ohm.

My main question is how to connect the speakers in the back. The only reason I'm slightly confused is that both the left and right inputs have 3 input jacks, labeled "8" "0" "4" with the "0" in the middle. As a newbie, I'm used to simple "left" "right" speaker inputs.

What I ended up doing was placing the speaker wire into the "8" and "0" spots. If you are not familiar with the amp, googling the Jolida 102b and checking out images you will see a good photo of the back panel.

I'm getting sound the way I hooked it up, but my first impression is that it's a little thin as compared to the old Yamaha CR 400 I've been using. I know it's less juice than the Yamaha, but I am still expecting a little more. Is this due to the infamous breaking in period for tubes? Are the speakers maybe hooked up wrong? Am I just expecting too much?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
128x128jdk1970

Showing 2 responses by jdk1970

Detredwings - thanks for clearing this up for me. I'll give it a few "miles" before I decide my next move, if any. I do feel like there is more detail in the sound as compared to my previous receiver. This makes the jazz I've tested so far (Kind of Blue, Blue Train) sound really nice. But when I've played rock, it doesn't handle the broader range of sound as well as the Yamaha. Anyway, thanks again.
Thanks for the offer, Kotta. I still have to buy a phono preamp, so the upgrades aren't in my budget at the moment. I'll just have to break it in first. I sure hope they aren't mismatched with my speakers. Either way, my long-term goal (3+ years down the road) is to upgrade to floor-standing speakers and a bigger amp that can drive them.

By the way, the tubes it came with are the Russian Electro-Harmonix (EL84EH) and Jolida's 12AT7