Speaker Ideas upto $2500

I've finally decided to jump into the audiophile areana after lurking here for a while and I was looking for speakers that would go well with an integrated amp like the bel canto s300iu. I'm willing to buy used gear as it would save me a significant chunk. So I was looking at Zu Druids but I've seen quite a number of comments implying that I can do better for the price these days, so I am looking for suggestions. I listen to a wide variety of music (a little of everything except country) so I don't want to get a speaker that excels in only just one genre. I'm not going to comment on the room dimensions/properties because I expect to be moving by next year. Oh and I would like subwoofer recommendations for the speakers that people suggest if that's possible.
hapaknack

Showing 1 response by bjesien

I would start out with a combination that has "general" concensus, like the Totem Forest with a 60-100 watt amp, or Adagios with a mid powered tube integrated, and live with that combination for a while.
You will have a very nice system that will be an excellent baseline from which to learn and experiment.
IMO you will probably end up selling some or all of it within a year or two, but at least you will get a good resale value and will have built upon the knowledge of the people in these forums.