Speaker for Line Magnetic LM 518IA in Large Room

Need recommendations for new speakers to pair with my LIne Magnetic 22 WPC SET integrated.  No more than $13K and I'd be happier spending $8-10K.

I love my LM 518IA.  I have been using it for 6 years with Merlin TSM-MME monitors in a 15' x 30' room, with the speakers firing across the short width.  It's been an amazing combination. 

I am moving and the listening room (living room) will be much larger-- the main room is 28' x 24', opening up to 19.5' x 11.5'.  I'd expect there to be a listening seat about 14' or so away from the speakers, with another 14' behind the listener, but I do want to be able to listen anywhere in that room (as much as 900 square feet) and still enjoy it.  Ceilings are around 9 feet.  I do understand locating the speakers and finding a good listening spot will not be easy and will take some thought and delicate negotiations with wife.

I don't listen at ear-shattering levels, but I do want a full-range listening experience and I listen to all types of music, whether electronic, amplified or acoustic.  I have found the LM has a lot of grunt for a relatively low-power amp.

Right now, my first thoughts are Devore O/93 and O/96, Focal Sopra 2.  I'm also looking into getting a pair of Merlin VSM from Signature Sound, since I've liked my Merlins so much.  What other speakers should I be looking at?
dkidknow

Showing 1 response by johnk

Horns would be perfect with that low power and giant room nothing else you suggest would work 1/2 as well