Speaker decision $3000-3500...help

I have been around auditioning speakers around the $3000-3500 mark.

I am looking for speakers that are musical, open, dynamic with a hint of warmth!
I listen to Soft Rock, Pop and some House/Dance music.
Mostly multi-track and digitally amplified stuff.

I have auditioned PSB, B&W, GoldenEar and Amphions.
I was most pleased with Amphion Helium 520s, since they are very engaging and natural sounding. Jack of all trades.

If you think there are other speakers for my preferences in the price range of 3000-3500, please guide me, i will audition them as well.

Otherwise i will pull the trigger on the Amphions and will need suggestions for Amplification for them. Budget would be $1500.

Please, any advice either on speakers or amplification would be appreciated.
Thanks.
adurlabhji

Showing 6 responses by kiko65

DALI Zensor 7s ($1,300.00, Amazon)
Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum w/KT120s ($2,300.00)
You will be hard-pressed to find a more open ,warm, and dynamic musical experience for the money!
Not sure what you mean by 2 vs 3 dimensional speakers but if you are referring to 2 vs 3 way speakers:

IMHO a well-designed 2-way is always preferable to a mediocre 3- way so I believe there are no hard and fast rules.

The Spiral Groove Canalis Anima for example, is a 2-way which possibly sounds better than many 3-way speakers at the same price.

I was trying to explain that the Zensor 7/Cronus Magnum combo will sound extremely satisfying at $3,600.00 all together.

I believe that a two way speaker of modest size is very, very, hard to beat, particularly on voice, and particularly if the best technology and components (active crossover) are used.

If the very best clarity, accuracy, lack of distortion, and realism is to be maintained then the mid / bass driver must not be asked to perform beyond its best design envelope in the low bass region.

If low bass response is of critical importance to the listener, then the best result is probably a 3-way design. Reason why I also recommended the Triton 2s.

One last note, very high priced designer fashion and marketing statements do not enhance audio performance.

My current speakers are GoldenEar Triton 7s. They cannot play rock or other forms of “power” music at high volume levels. Then why have them? Mainly for their uncanny ability to reproduce a full-bodied sound that is extremely easy to listen to for hours without fatigue.
Mystery solved; Monitor Audio for everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Throw away all other "2D" crap!!!!!!!!!
I beg to differ Bo.
No offense but it sounds to me like you're just trying to sell your product.

My first real venture into the so called HiFi world started with an Alpha 10, Linn Kan, and SL1200MKII (let me guess, 2D?). Well, it sounded fantastic to my ears!

First, not everyone has the means to spend loads of money to buy MA, Pass, Pathos, etc.

More important, I am most certain that I am enjoying your "so called 3 dimensional sound" with my current set-up.

The level of depth, resolution, balance, soundstage, and imaging that the Cronus Magnum/Triton 7 set-up produces in my listening environment is simply staggering!

By the way, you haven't answered Schubert's question. I'm intrigue to find out if you consider Focal's sound to be 2D or 3D?

No hard feelings.
Bo,
I admire your passion. That said, do me a favor and listen to a pair of Canalis Anima with a 3D source of your liking. Then tell me what you think.
Happy listening.