speaker choices for Classe CAM350 mono blocks

I have recently acquired a pair of the new Classe Audio CAM350 Mono Blocks which are recommended under Class A component in the Stereophile magazine.
Presently my system is as follows:
Source- EAD T-7000 transport to Sonic Frontier Ultrajitterbug via Marigo Apparition 3A digital cable/to Genesis Digital Lens via Cardas Lightning digital cable/to Theta DS Pro Gen lll via Taralab Decade digital cable
Preamp- Classe CP-50 driven by Straigtwire Crescendo IC's from DAC
Power Amp- Classe CAM350 (350 Watts/ch)mono block driven by Cardas Golden Cross IC's from preamp
Speakers- Paragon Jubilee and Jems driven by Vampire Continous Casting Silver speaker cables from power amp
The system sounds fast, transparent and musical.
Can anybody suggest a better speaker match for me to upgrade from the $9000 Paragon speaker system ?
Thanks.
dragont

Showing 4 responses by newbee

i'm way out west. i've thought about rowland, and most recently ayre, but i really am seduced by tubes so i have not invested the effort, let alone the bucks. i'm in the boonies and its very hard to audition new stuff anymore at home - i've come to accept the equipment i have and have focused on my musical library - since i stopped buying hardware it has grown expotentially (almost). good luck in your quest.
why do you want to change out these speakers. if you want a different flavor sound play with your amps some more, or speaker cable. if you find the sound of the 350's somewhat dry as stereophile's review suggests could happen, you could use a different. i.e. warmer amp. i choose these speakers because of their impedence load is an easy one for tube amps, i.e. 5 to 6 ohms and i'm using a mesa baron to drive them. i find these speakers very revealing of all changes upstream of them. i replaced quad 63's for the increase in dynamic range and feel i gave up little by way of detail, transparency etc, and i consider them very neutral, detailed and they "disappear". you could spend a lot more and not approach the system you have.
now i see where you're coming from. the jubilee tweater isn't the best. dynaudio has a better one that they use in their coincidence model - i hear the model 5 is excellent. the impedence curve suggests your choice of amp. also the verity parsifal is a good choice to consider. good luck. you shouldn't have too much problem selling your present speakers.
dragont, my speakers came with spikes between the two speakers. i pulled these and am using blu tack - you can get this cheaply at the hardware store. works for me. i assume you run these without the grills - huge difference if you don't. re sales: the only time i saw these on the web was about 6months ago and it was the home theater outfit, i.e. 2 jems, 4 jubilee's and one center channel. it was a distress sale and they sold in one day for over 4k. i've seen the regents sell at 45 to 50% of new price. fyi i bought mine new about 5yrs ago for 4500. i'm not sure how aware the typical audiophile is of the value of these speakers. i see it as being an upgrade on the contour line of dynaudio, with better bass and without the impedence problem the contour presents. you could always put them up for auction with a reserve so you don't get burned if there is no current market. personally, as you may have gathered, i wouldn't sell mine as i think i would have to pay 6500 to 7500 just to get up to their level of performance. as an all around speaker these are tough to beat - i think my choice of amplification obviates my need for the ultimate in tweeters, and, unlike you, i doubt if i would hear the difference. good luck - if you find a suitable replacement let me know - it will give me something to consider. p.s. i know you did't ask for amp recommendations, but i have been curious about how these would sound with a sonic's frontier power 2 - did you get into any other amps before you chose the classe?