Speaker cables for paradigm studios

I am looking to upgrade my system. I'm most likely going with the rogue audio Sphinx2 to pair with my paradigms. I have studio v1 and v3 speakers. I have Aq type 4 now. Is it worth biwiring? $300-500 range depending on biwiring. Thanks
urbanfox

Showing 2 responses by 213runnin

I'm another Audioquest Type 4 former owner.  It's a decent entry level cable, though overpriced unless you buy it in bulk by the foot.  It's a laid back cable, recessing the highs somewhat.  Also, because of the relatively small total gauge of about 15, they might not have the best amount of bass.  Very nice sound, though, for the money.  Clean, focused, not bright or brash.

You might want to take a look at your interconnect cables too, these affect the sound as well.  Prices can get crazy, I've spent over 600 myself for 2 pairs of cables.  But more recently I found a company that makes RCA or XLR cables using pure solid conductor silver.  

Stager silver cables are sold in various lengths, a 30" pair is $125.  I wish I would have found them before I spent!  Anyway, the website is http://stagersound.com/silver/   
I have no affiliation, but owners really love the sound!
Urbanfox and nutty, it sounds like you have better than entry level RCA cabling than I had assumed, you might be fine in that department after all.