Speaker Cables for Paradigm Reference 100v.2's?

Hi there.

I'm trying to decide what to do on speaker cables for my Paradigm Reference 100's. I also have the Paradigm CC center and ADP surrounds, but am interested in starting to upgrade with my mains for stereo music, followed by the rest.

Currently the speakers are all being driven by my receiver (Denon 3802), but I'll soon be picking up a seperate amp for at least the mains (probably Bryston 4bst).

Right now the mains are single wired with Audioquest CV-4, unterminated. I also made some jumpers out of the same cable to replace what comes on the speaker. Now I'm thinking of upgrading to bi-wire cables.

On my list as possibilites are:

MIT Terminator 2
Audioquest Gibralter
Analysis Plus Oval 9's or 12's
Kimber Kable 8tc

Any recommendations one way or the other? I've heard great things about them all. The MIT's seem to be popular to other paradigm owners. Suggestions?

Thanks!
irwando

Showing 1 response by david99

I dont have the 100's but I have the 80's.
I found the 80's tweeter(same as 100's) to be a bit forward.
I tried Kimber 8TC single run and Harmonic Technology Pro-11's single run.I still found the tweeters to be too forward.
I then tried MIT T-2 biwired with bananas all the way around.This tamed the forward tweeters to a degree I like.All the cables sounded a bit similar except for the bass.The best bass I heard was from the MIT,then the HT.then Kimber.So,in my system anyway,the MIT work very well.