Speaker cables.. Budget again.. With a twist...

Hi..
I have already broken the bank on my system, Plinius 8200 int. amp, Marantz CD 6000OSE, Vandersteen 1c.. I guess I may use zip wire from Home Depot.. The problem...(the twist) is that I need to run one length 35 feet or so.. The other length will be maybe 20 feet.. No other way around it.. Plus I I cant really spend much more that $125 $150 max... What is my best option..? Zip wire? Or can I somehow "make my own" cable.. I am willing to buy all the parts and solder it up.. DREW
thefish2

Showing 1 response by jb0194

Go to:

www.diycable.com

Order the required length of "Canare 4S11" wire and the required number of Exodus "EX_BANA" banana connectors (yes, $5.25/pr but worth it).

This should fall just within your budget for the two cables of 55 or so foot combined length.

The bananas require a small jewelers/opticians/electronics screwdriver and, obviously, a wire cutter/stripper is needed. No soldering. The Canare wire is very high quality.

You can do much worse than these speaker cables. Twin 11 ga for both hot and neutral will serve you well, given the lengths needed.