Speaker cables.. Budget again.. With a twist...

Hi..
I have already broken the bank on my system, Plinius 8200 int. amp, Marantz CD 6000OSE, Vandersteen 1c.. I guess I may use zip wire from Home Depot.. The problem...(the twist) is that I need to run one length 35 feet or so.. The other length will be maybe 20 feet.. No other way around it.. Plus I I cant really spend much more that $125 $150 max... What is my best option..? Zip wire? Or can I somehow "make my own" cable.. I am willing to buy all the parts and solder it up.. DREW
thefish2

Showing 1 response by carl109

"At any rate: Electrical or Electron Theory is still just that. The theories that have been put forth concerning electron flow can hardly been observed at the Quantum level at this point in time, thus they are not observable."

That may be the case, but the EFFECTS of electron flow CAN be observed, repeated and measured/recorded. It may be referred to as "theory" but the reliabilty of it is undeniable; otherwise a standard light bulb wouldn't work, let alone any complex electronics like computers or audio gear.
It is often the case that observation and measurement of an effect is worth as much as observing the subject. Astronomers can locate and study black holes or new planets by the effect they have on their surroundings; we don't dismiss such science simply because the planet or black hole has not yet been studied.

Back to wire: I've chosen (relatively inexpensive) silver over copper wires for my speakers based on a slight lift in the upper frequencies this produced, and I have heard improvement from a cheap 'supplied' IC to a high grade aftermarket one.
However it bothers me that some here fall over themselves to believe the pseudo-scientific claims made by some expensive cable makers, and then dismiss established electronic and metallurgical science when it suits them.