Speaker Cable Upgrade... Advice Please

My current cables are Cardas Cross.  My speakers are Wilson Sophia 2.  I just changed electronics from Audio Research tubes, PS Audio DAC, and Whest Phonostage to the Devialet Expert 220 Pro.  The sound is a bit more bright and forward than with the previous gear.  I am happy overall, but I would like to tame it a little.  I am considering an upgrade to the next price category in speaker cables.  $2-3k retail new for a 2.5 meter pair.  Any suggestions for a cable that will work well with my gear?  Any thoughts on Nordost in that price range?  Perhaps Heimdall 2?

The brands that have peaked my interest are Purist, Verastarr, Nordost, and Cardas.

thanks!
Mark
marktomaras
I found myself in a facing the same situation a few years ago.  Having my audio equipment sitting to my right, I thus needed a long pair of speaker wires.  Specially for my left speaker.  Anyway I discovered a solutun that works for me.  I take a one foot pair of the top of the line MG Audio Design's top end speaker wires and attach them to my speakers.  Now between the MG Audio Design speaker wires and my amplifier I am using a total of 12 runs of Jenna Lab's 18 gage hook up wires.  That is 3 of them to each of the MG Audio Design wires-12 in total.. Presently I am using 6, 17 foot runs on my left speaker and 6, 10 foot runs for my right speaker.  Anyway it works.  As good as could be hoped for.  Simply the Jenna Labs 18 gage hook up wires are so pure that they allow my one foot pair of MG Audio Design wires to do their stuff.  This actually took me several years to create.  I began with a now 7 year old one foot pair of then Shunyata's top end speaker wires with a single run, 4 in all, of the Jenna Labs 18 gage hook up wires.  Next I substituted a one foot pair of the MG Audio Design speaker wires for the Shunata wires and noticed a definite improvement in audio reproduction.  Next I added 4 more of the Jenns Labs hook up wires, now 8 total and again noticed a futher improvement.  And lastly added a third run of 4 more Jenna Labs 18 gage hook up wires to the total, now 12 of them in all.  The final results are incrrdible.  Even though the MG Audio Design wires are silver based and the Jenna Labs hook up wires are of copper, they all work together perfectly.  I do not haave other top end, and very expensive, speaker wires to compare them to, but it is easy to realize that my present day speaker wire "solution" is most likely is about as good as it gets  reguardless of cost.  The total cost for this was about $1800 for the average of a 14.5 foot pair of speaker wires.  I used a Rega Osiris integrated amplifier for my wire experiments.  I have posted previously about my results with speaker wire development, but because I have no technical background in electronics, my observations are generally ignored.  All I can do is repeat that my speaker wire "solution" is most likely as good as it gets, but for a reasonable cost.  Oh yes, the little Jenna Labs wires are small and very sturdy, so that they can be placed underneath rugs with no degrading of audio reproduction.  
I forgot to say that I am retired and living in Boulder Colorado and that if anyone nearby wants to check out my speaker wire "system" that they are welcome to give me a call at (720 550-6908 anytime to check it out.  I live in a very easy to get to location so it is very easy to visit me.  I have no financial or other connections to either Jenna Labs or MG Audio Design whatsoever.  I can not make any money or profit.  Just pasing on my observations.  It is obvious to me that both manufacturers offer products top in their lines.  It is just by chance that I discovered how well they work together.
In regards to PCs making a difference. I came across a screaming deal on 3  Valhalla PCs, 2 meters for $500 each.I also bought Valhalla 4 meter Speaker cables for $900. The speaker cables were in rough shape. I sent them back for repairs. 2 weeks later I received the Speaker wires back and recertified. $620 charge. While the speaker cables were in repair, I put the PCs into the system. 0ne into my preamp the other 2 into my mono blocks. Wow was I amazed. A veil had been lifted. The music is more detailed while being very relaxed. As a point of reference I was using Analysis Plus prior. Never thought I'd see that type of change. As a side note I'd never spend the MSRP on the Nordost cables.
I agree that a power cord might be the best way to go first.....perhaps stick with Cardas and pick up an older Golden Reference.  Other possibilities would be a Shunyata NR or maybe Transparent.