Speaker cable suggestions for B&W 804 Diamond

Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my speaker cables. I own a pair of B&W 804D's. I have them hooked up to a rotel processor and a seperate rotel amp. Right now I am using audioquest type 4 speaker cables. This was the first pair of "nice" speaker cables I have owned. I realize that these cables are not the best or most expensive. They do sound fine in my system but, I find them to not be very revealing in the top end. High frequencies such as cymbals sound kindof veiled and muddy. I want to find some cables that don't really have much of a sonic signature if that is possible. Just a good cable from low frequencies to high. I guess neutral is what I am looking for. I sent an e-mail to the cable company. They have a loaner library where they will send you cables to audition in your own system. Does anyone have any suggestions for some cables that people have had good success with the B&W 800 diamond series. hopefully I can come up with some good suggestions to ask the cable company for some loaners to try out. I want to spend somewhere between $500 and $800 on a decent set of bi-wire cables. Thanks in advance.

Andy
andyprice44

Showing 1 response by wescoman

Give the Mapleshade Double Helix PLUS speaker cables a try. A friend of mine recommended them; I'm a better man for it! While they're somewhat difficult to work with initially due to their construction, once you get them uncoiled (straightened out) and connected, they sound magnificent. I can't imagine a better speaker cable for the money. Mapleshade recommends nude termination (bare wire) on both ends. Also, you get thirty day trial period with full refund if not satisfied. In the short time I've had them, all I can say is that they are incredibly good speaker cables.

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Double-Helix-Speaker-Cable-with-PLUS-Upgrade/productinfo/DHELIX-PL/