Speaker cable suggestions for B&W 804 Diamond

Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my speaker cables. I own a pair of B&W 804D's. I have them hooked up to a rotel processor and a seperate rotel amp. Right now I am using audioquest type 4 speaker cables. This was the first pair of "nice" speaker cables I have owned. I realize that these cables are not the best or most expensive. They do sound fine in my system but, I find them to not be very revealing in the top end. High frequencies such as cymbals sound kindof veiled and muddy. I want to find some cables that don't really have much of a sonic signature if that is possible. Just a good cable from low frequencies to high. I guess neutral is what I am looking for. I sent an e-mail to the cable company. They have a loaner library where they will send you cables to audition in your own system. Does anyone have any suggestions for some cables that people have had good success with the B&W 800 diamond series. hopefully I can come up with some good suggestions to ask the cable company for some loaners to try out. I want to spend somewhere between $500 and $800 on a decent set of bi-wire cables. Thanks in advance.

Andy
andyprice44

Showing 1 response by scifidelity

Andyprice44- I think you would notice an improvement in music listening by using a separate 2 channel amp for your L/R speaks. Something to do with discerete wiring/ circuits. I have a rotel 5.1 receiver, and i noticed a big difference when i bought a separate stereo amp and ran the pre-outs from the receiver to it. I know this isn't exactly what you have/ nor what you are trying to do. My philosophy is for music, keep the pathway as simple and unmuddied as possible. just my $.02.