Speaker cable shootout Townsend Audio Fractal F1, Fidelium, AA Statement e SC Cryo rhodium

Ordered a pair of the Audio Art Statement e SC Cryo with rhodium banana connections, a set of Townsend Audio Fractal F1's, and may order the Fidelium speaker cables soon. I am interested to see how these speaker cables will perform against each other on my system. I have field coil speakers and the McIntosh MC2301 tube amps. I am only testing the midrange-tweeter connection because that is where I should hear most of the changes. If  it does not pan out well, I have spares for other systems and tests. 

One note about the Townsend Audio Fractal speakers, is that I am pretty sure that the LCR thing attached to the speaker cables is very similar to a Zobel network.  An Impedance Equalization Circuit, also know as a Zobel circuit, can be used to counteract the rising impedance of a voice coil caused by inductive reactance. The cause of this impedance rise is due to the speaker's voice coil inductance (L e). I asked Townsend Audio to answer my question regarding this concept. I had a German dealer add a Zobel to my system in Europe and I did not hear any change at all (B&W 800s, Octave MRE 130 tube amps). 

For folks who have 16 ohm speakers such as myself, I am not sure how the Fractal F1 will sound with my already high ohm design speakers. Will be interesting for sure. 

Look forward to more updates as I receive the speaker cables and start testing. 

The comments for the Fidelium such as best speaker cable in the world by someone who has a 600K system and the unique ribbon design compared to the Townsend concept of ribbons built inside the wire, and the Audio Art statement SC Cryo getting excellent reviews has prompted me to take this step for the community and provide feedback.

My Neotech pure silver speaker wires, 9 gauge, ultra high definition speaker wires (6K a pair x 2 pair) are in for some competition. 

Ciao, 

Audioquest4life 

audioquest4life

Showing 3 responses by cd45123

@ozzy Kind of a sidebar comment, but I have been listening to these cables from EWA in the UK - their ls-25/ic-25 speaker cables and interconnects. I am liking these more than Fidelium, although I would need to match the interconnect again to get a true AB test.

their site is abcaudio.biz

reason I thought of you is one of the testers for their ls-80 speaker cable was liking those more than his F1 Fractals. They’re not that much money comparatively, even when you factor in the exchange rate. Alan who owns it is a really good guy, not sure though on overseas loaners…

Anyway, for what it’s worth.

Is this a neotech product or it’s another brand that uses neotech occ silver? I’ve seen this occ silver neotech cable that the company sells, but it must be 6x the price of the audioart statement (interesting cable, liked it but returned it) or Fidelium.