Speaker cable advise for spectron/ gallo 3.1

Hello fellow A'goners,

Seeking some opinions on speaker cables. My set up currently consists of: lexicon mc-12 balanced preamp, spectron musician ii (2) running mono (vis PAD y splitter) and Anthony gallo acoustics ref 3.1 speakers. Interconnects are nordost blu heaven xlr, and older M series monster cable for speaker cable.

I'm currently borrowing a friends synergistic research ref x active cables and like what I hear. I wouldn't call it a night and day difference but defiantly enough to make me consider new cables.

I've heard nice things about acoustic zen hologram ii, analysis plus crystal 9, much of the kimber line, etc. I also "heard" the Gallo's do not like pure silver but I have no first hand knowledge of that. I'd like to audition a few cables so I'm just trying to create a short list.

*** I also have the gallo sub amp which I've tried with/without. I'd say each configuration has its pros/cons. I've only hooked it up via my preamps sub out , never to the speaker high/low, which may make a difference.
duckdownman

Showing 1 response by rodge827

DNM Stereo is a well engineered, high quality, great sounding, and reasonably priced speaker cable. I have been using them for years in high-eff horns and now in med-eff monitors, and they sound the most natural to my ears.

Good luck