Speaker and IC Cable recommendations for Simaudio Moon 600i - Focal Sopra 3

I would love to hear any recommendations and why.  
My music room is has full carpet and what I would call level 1 sound treatment (first reflection and bass traps).  So a bit on the damped side, but I don't feel overly so.  
I'm pretty certain I want copper cables (I pretty much only have experience with Transparent w/ Wilson+ARC which I liked), but I'm saying that because I believe the Focals may be a bit much with silver. 
I've been considering:
-Kubala Sosna
-Shunyata
-Going back to Transparent
-Cardas
????
Anybody have any experience with Simaudio-Moon and Focal? 
I need 8' speaker cables and 1.5m XLR ICs.  
Budget is about 3k.  I'm open to used cables for the value. 
Thanks!
jo1mtb

Showing 1 response by soix

There’s someone on US Audiomart selling an 8ft. pair of Acoustic Zen Hologram II cables for $595 and a 1.5m pair of Silver Ref II XLR interconnects for $550 (each retailed for $1500 new) including shipping.  Thinking you could get them for a little less if you buy both.  I describe their sound as nicely detailed and natural sounding with excellent imaging and 3D soundstage.  Despite the silver I don’t find them to have that hyper-detailed sound frequently associated with silver wires, but they’re also not going to tone down the upper octaves if you’re looking for pseudo tone control.  If that’s what your looking for I’d skew more toward Kubala Sosna or maybe some Cardas models.  At this price you could give the AZs a shot and if one or both don’t work just turn around and sell them for little/no loss, which is a nice perk especially with wires as they’re so system dependent.  Hope this helps, and best of luck.