Speaker alternatives

I was musing about my speakers and thought I'd invite you to muse along with me.  Most of you know a lot more than me.

Presently I have Revel Ultima Studio 2's, powered by an Ayre AX-5 Twenty.  They are about 2 feet out from the long wall of a 19x14x9 room, about 7 1/2 feet apart.  The sound is excellent, focused but spacious stage, extended, dynamic, resolved, musical.  I might prefer a little bigger room, but sitting position near the rear wall allows for good integration of the sound.

So what's the problem?  Well, none really.  Mostly curiosity, but I may be moving to a little smaller place upon retirement and I was beginning to think of alternatives.  Recent listings that caught my eye included Thiel 2.4's and Vandersteen Treo CT's, slightly smaller floor-standers.  I recently borrowed Harbeth HL5+ and found them pleasant but lacking in resolution, extension and dynamics compared to what I have and enjoy.  Nice, but not for me.

I listen to classical, bluegrass and acoustic music, classic rock and blues, jazz, etc.

Thanks for your insights and suggestions.

77jovian
Soix, I have owned and enjoyed Thiels, but I have not heard the 2.4’s.  I recall a number of folks on the Gon saying that they thought the 2.4 was their favorite Thiel.  Just as both you and Keith have suggested, I am trying to be mindful of compatibility with my Ayre, which I intend to keep.  That was the main reason I thought to post this.  I appreciate you both taking the time to reply and for any other suggestions you might have.
Vandersteen Treo CTs match extremely well with Ayre and are easy with Closer wall placement. This pairing, especially with live recorded music, is superb and at all volumes yet still very cohesive at lower volumes.
 Best,
 JohnnyR
 dealer for Ayre /Vandersteen
Try ATC if you want more dynamics and resolution. Frankly what you have is a hard act to follow and must obviously be a good fit for you already.
Thanks for the suggestion, Shadorne.  Yes, I probably would not be thinking of alternatives if I wasn't looking at a move in the near future.