Speaker advice?

I'm beginning to look into options for a new set of speakers. For the last 4 years or so I've been running a pair of Infinity 3500 speakers that I picked up at an estate sale for $50. They sound quite good, but I think I could do much better. Bass reproduction is good, but I think I'm looking for a bit more resolution.

My associated equipment: VPI Scout, Ear 834P Phono, Rotel 1062 Integrated Amp, Rotel 991 CD player.

I'm looking for a pair of floorstanding/full rangevspeakers (used is ok, even preferable) in the ballpark of $1500 with posts for bi-wiring. I would be using the Rotel Integrated for now, but in the future I intend to go with Blue Circle seperates (I'm looking at BC22, BC24, or BC26 amps with BC3 preamp) so I'd like something that would work well with them.

I listen to mostly rock music. I'm no bass freak, but I think speakers should deliver bass that's proper to the music (and I really have no complaints in that dept. with the Infinity's, which have two 8" woofers). Don't want a subwoofer either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking in the direction of the Spendor S8e or S5e's.

Thanks.
sinisterporpoise68

Showing 1 response by flg2001

I would consider the Nautilius line from B&W or the Harbeth line - different presentation but both quite competitive and universal regarding type of music to reproduce and easy of placement.