Speaker advice: $1200 budget

hi everyone.

i'll soon be in the market for a pair of new loudspeakers, and once again i ask for you advice and consultation. My system:

Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Player
LFD Mistral LE Integrated Amplifier
Clarity Labs Emberglow Interconnects

Right now i have a pair of old Beovox S45s from the late 70's w/fairly cheapee Monster Cable speaker cables. The room is about 12 x25, with hardwood floors and two windows (a rug someday soon, speakers first)

I listen to every concievable kind of music from Afro Cuban drumming--to very heavy/dubby DJ stuff--to Coltrane--to Brahms.

I have $1200 and will buy used gear. looking for full, rich, and involving sound---for a big improvement on the current speakers. (looking actually to have my mind blown, if i may be blunt).my system now sounds a touch bright, but i suspect its because my new (and VERY beautiful) LFD amp is only about 50 hours in. Good, tight low end is very important to me (not bloomy bass), even though my downstairs neighbor is plotting at this very moment for my complete and total downfall.

Thinking about Totem Hawks, Spendor, maybe Dynaudio.

what do y'all think?

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankyou
andrewlinsk6af1

Showing 1 response by markblom

Best Budget speaker on the market used Vandersteen 2ce signature now going for 900 to 1200 used. But They like a bit of power and tend to be a bit hard on Amps due to its a four way disign