Spacedeck Shelter 501mk2 question.

Anyone who has or has had this setup, is the cartridge square to the headshell? When my cartridge is aligned using the protractor that came with the Nottingham, it is quite out of square with the headshell. Is my arm pod in the wrong position? It sounds ok, but I feel I am not getting the most of this setup.
Thanks, Jon
jsbail
What is the pivot to spindle distance? That's the best way to judge if armpod is okay. Cheers,
Spencer
Dear Jon: I'm not familiar with the geometry of your Notthingham tonearm or its protractor.

If you can try to find the DB System protractor ( inexpensive one or a similar device ) and do the alignement with it. This protactor use the two null/points design, it is supposed that at these two points any pivot tonearm has cero traking error ( angle cero degrees ) and when the cartridge is perfected aligned in those points then everything is right on target. If your protactor works around these to point design and your cartridge is aligned with it then you have not to worry about " suqare " or anything elese.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
My recollection is that it should only be 203-205mm. Either way, the body of the cart won't be lined up w/the headshell.
Try contacting member, "4yanx". He knows tons about Spacedeck setup, and was very helpful to me when I owned one. Cheers,
Spencer
Jon,
I agree w/Raul. The DB protractor is similar in design to the one Nottingham provides.
Raul, a quick of the Spacedeck is that the armpod swings in an arc towards/away from the table when a bolt is loosened. This has to be adjusted with the platter removed before you use any protractor. Until the pivot to spindle distance is in range, you can't stand a chance of getting close to correct w/a protractor. Cheers,
Spencer
Thank you to all that have responded. The cartridge seems to align fine with the Nottinghham protractor at the 211 mm pivot to spindle distance. The Nottingham protractor is a two null point design. Does anyone know what this distance should be?
The arm pod has always been more the key to good cart setup to me on my space. Never gotten a cart to align exactly with the headshell. Never had one that sits at a real angle either.