SP10mk2: OMA Graphite plinth vs.Dobbins plinth

According to the price lists they are in one category, but anyone could comment on quality/performance? At the moment i use big Teak Wood plinth (just $750) custom made in Taiwan for my SP10mk2. Looking for upgrade in the future. I use my sp10mk2 with Reed "12 tonearm now. Doest the plinth actually makes a big difference in sound? My stand is well damped with glass, metal and sarbothane in between.

1) Oswald Mill Audio graphite slate plinth (single layer) $2750, double layer looks fantastic but cost $3500

2) Steve Dobbins famous custom plinth cost $2650 including three Stillpoints feet and automotive show quality paint in black or white. Design has changed many times, still hard to find any current plinth picture online.

I know there are Albert Porter's and Artisan Fidelity quality plinth available, but i don't like the design (i mean just how it looks) for SP10.
128x128chakster

Chakster, I own Technics SL 1000,mk 2 with Obsidan plinth

but removed the mediocre original feet and put AT pneumatic

636 footers instead. The plinth is actually a frame (not guitar

box) like Lew's slate plints. The armbase is according to me

also suitable for 12'' tonearms. I use (10'') FR-64 s and there

is sufficient room on the armbase for an larger arm. Waht kind of

''Obsidian plinth'' are you referring to?

@downunder I wish i could aford the still points for my luxman pd444, tomorrow i'm gonna get my new rack for PD444 from the warehouse. 

With my old SP-10mk2 i use teak wood plinth, this is how it looks

@nandric my plinth is actually a frame too, but it looks more massive than Technics obsidian plinth (more room to mount "12 tonearms). I can't remember how many variations of obsidian plinth they made, never tried them, but i have those Audio-Technica 636 pneumatic feet.

Anyway, the idea is to use metal frame like this EMT , why not? 

chakster, if you are curious, Technics offered at least three plinths for their SP-10 series of motor units.  

The first, for their initial SP-10 was a basic box frame.  With the introduction of their SP-10 Mk 2 came the SH-10B5, a 38.2 pound composite obsidian plinth.  The SH-10B7 was similar but weighed nearly 42 pounds.  I thought there was another option but can no longer find reference to it on the Vintage Technics site.

Your teak plinth certainly looks nice, whether optimal for sonics or not.
thanks @pryso i like the way it looks too and for that reason i just don't like the obsidian base design aesthetically.