And signals end to mornings birth

To usher deeds of manunkind

Too beautiful to be believed

timeless in its continuing

Miraculous to be conceived

So fragile in its offering

Peter Ledermann

retipper
What is MY personal philosophy (not for everyone) is when I find something I enjoy, whether it’s an audio design, dinner dessert or woman? Don’t look around too much. It runs the risk of taking the joy out of what you hold in your hand.

Well said Peter. I have a Grace F9e and bought one of your ruby stylus replacements for it and have been very satisfied.

At some point you made some changes and updated your website, but if I recall, at one time you had Soundsmith versions for the B&O MMC series cartridges. Instead of numbering them though, you gave them names (again if I recall the Boheme was one of them). Can you tell me which of your designs is closest to the MMC2 and MMC1? Thank you for all you have done for this industry and for this wonderful thread.
It is a sad story about the Boheme. That cartridge punched so far above its weight class for performance that it confused the entire lineup of models we make. So under great duress (from my marketing manager at the time) we discontinued it.

That would have been the closest thing to the original SMMC2 we made. Right now, there really is no equivalent in our lineup. Maybe the Aida now, for the SMMC2, and now, absolutely the Voice for the SMMC1.

But bear in mind that these B&O models we make are high compliance and very tricky to use with medium mass or especially high mass arms. One would have to pay VERY VERY close attention to anti-skating (directions on our website), avoid eccentric records and beware of rumble/low frequency sources to use them with our 1/2" adapter on NON-B&O tables with medium or high mass arms. .

Peter Ledermann
Thanks for the explanation Peter. In going through my things many years ago I stumbled across a NOS B&O MMC2. I purchased the Soundsmith acrylic adapter for it and to this day still use it on a Denon DA-401 tonearm which is mounted on a completely refurbished Denon DP-3000 table. I notice some of your dealers still have the Boheme in stock so I will get one and enjoy it.
The Soundsmith Haiku

focused discipline
he teases out the magic
violence to grace

Hi Peter,
Your building me a Paua.
Thank you sir.
Mike Rubey

Post removed