Soundlab speakers...how reliable?

Contemplating buying SoundLab M-2PX or A-3PX speakers to be driven by some Atma-Sphere amps, how reliable is the speaker? What concerns or issues have you had?
sksos1
As Duke and others stated the humidity problems have been cured some time ago. Now Asia is one of the largest markets for SLs.

The Chinese dealer/importer says the U-1PXs - Consummates with a pair of B-1PX bass panels are "The best sound in China!" 

Question: If people need upgrades, repairs, etc. to SLs do they go through an authorized dealer like Duke or do they call the factory and purchase factory direct?

If I was fortunate enough to live near Duke, I'd go through him, but I have worked directly with Sound Lab directly and they are amazingly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. Cheers,

Spencer
I have Soundlab A2s for 35 years.  One power supply was rebuilt 10 years ago by Soundlab and the second power supply was just rebuilt by me using a part supplied by Dr. West.  These speakers have been in continuous use for 35 years and the panels are still good.  Amps are NYAL OTL 3s.

I have been fooling around with audio since before stereo and know of no product that can compare with Soundlab in reliability or product support.  I also have Quad 988s and prefer the Soundlabs.
I may have one of the earliest functional A3  Sound labs.  The serial number is A30044. I’m the second owner. The first was a florist in the Washington DC area..  Upon purchase I had new Mylar installed. The speakers have performed flawlessly for years. I agree  the superb customer support Dr. West and colleagues is without peer. I’d be interested in hearing from other  early vintage A3 owner’s. ARS