Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
My LPs, 78s and CDs are permanent items as long as there are adequate playback devices for them.  I can access them only limited by electrical power, not by internet frailties.
@fleschler 
Any particular new GD release you can recommend (not a die hard fan yet - like their acoustics most).

Georgehifi:  the thing is we want to listen to recordings that are not compressed.  The other 99% of music consumers benefit from some amount of compression, for all the reasons you listed and more.  The big record companies know where their bread is buttered.  That's why I appreciate the serious efforts of all the small independent companies that bother with releasing remastered material for us hifi nuts.  And it makes it worthwhile digging up vintage recordings at thrift stores and vinyl shops.
The Mofi 45rpm releases of "American Beauty" and "Workingman's Dead" are wonderful.