Sound quality issues streaming from Tidal vs CD

I am hoping someone familiar with streaming from Tidal might be able to help.

I have recently installed the Pro-Ject Streambox S2 Ultra, which is a small Raspberry Pi based network bridge. I connect this to my router via ethernet cable and to my Vitus DAC (which is part of the CD player) via USB. My CD player obviously outputs through the same DAC.

The sound quality from CD is so much better than the sound quality from Tidal (I am a Tidal Hifi subscriber).

So my questions are:

1. Is this just a feature of streaming via the internet, it simply is not as good as a good quality CD transport?
2. Or is it an issue with the Pro-Ject - would something like the Autralic Aries G2 (also a network bridge with no DAC) which costs 6 times the price of the Pro-Ject, improve the Tidal stream?
3. Or is it the fact that the USB cable I am using is an entry-level £10 cable?
4. Or is it Tidal? - would Qobuz sound better?

Any advice or knowledge would be welcome.
128x128duckworp
In my experience the streamer impacts the sound. I added a Meridian Sooloos Ms600 to my system to allow streaming through my Simaudio Moon 650D CD.  I was running Roon off my laptop in another room by my router.  Network connections were Cat6 Ethernet cable and Ethernet over powerline adapters.  I had music files on a USB hard drive hooked up to my laptop. Tidal aside for the moment, I could never get songs streamed from my hard drive via the MS600 to my Moon 650d to sound as good as CD played directly on the 650D. As an experiment, I tried using Simaudio’s own streamer instead of the Meridian MS600 and, what do you know, streaming files from my computer now sounded the same as CDs!  Turns out, the Meridian MS600 imposes it’s own sonic signature on the sound and it was not as much to my liking. The Moon streamer has the same Simaudio house sound that I liked and was pretty much indistinguishable from the transport in the 650D. So, streamers impact the sound.

i also found that the digital coax cable I used between the streamer and the DAC influenced the sound, though not as much as the streamer itself. In this way it was like switching out any other cable in my system. 

I have now dropped CD entirely and just use. Simaudio Moon 780D V2 streamer/DAC. Yet even with this expensive component, WAV files streamed locally from my hard drive sound a bit better than the same 16/44.1 FLAC file off of Tidal. I’m not sure why this is. Maybe Tidal FLAC files are compressed and suffer slightly in the uncompressing process?  Maybe streaming inserts a little noise into the system?  I’d love others’ opinions!
You need a better Router I think..
Try it from a MacBook.
I use an Explorer2 and it sounds fantastic..
In my Mid-Fi system , I have the following . Oppo 105, Musical Fidelity’s transport, and Windows based laptop ( wireless ) running Tidal with partial MQA unfolding . All three feed my Schiit Yiggy DAC . They are all very close in SQ . However , I had a significant SQ improvement as I moved from a cheap USB cable , to an Audio Quest Cinnamon, and then to a Cardas Clear . I have a router dedicated just for the laptop . I also run a power supply with the laptop as well as a good condition battery . So first get a better cable . Then tune your router . Also sub in a nice laptop for comparison. After that , get a better streamer . Cheers , Mike B. 
I have been listening to Radio Paradise for the last week and I have concluded it sounds better than Tidal, and I am a big fan of Tidal. RP is free, allows 5 levels of streaming, I am using FLAC. Have learned of new artists I really like and it has a couple of channels to choose from. It really sounds great through my new Yggie. 
I would like some feedback regarding my present setup please. I have Verizon FIOS with their Quantum Gateway G1100 that feeds Ethernet signal over the coax in the house. I then receive the signal via their Network extender (Actiontec WCB6200Q) that has 2 Ethernet ports to my Lumin d1. I use cat 6 to my Lumin and HT receiver. I also have an SBooster power supply on the Lumin d1. Lumin products have galvanic isolation but a thought was to buy ifi ipower supplies for the Verizon products? Thoughts?