Soulution or CH Precision

Hello 

I am looking for my next ( and “final”. Nothing is definitive in audio but let’s say long term buy) .
For many different reasons ( including listening session of course) those two brands are the favourite ones but I can’t decide between both. To be more specific: L1+X1+M1.1 for CH P or 725/711 for Soulution.
 Speakers: YG or Magico.
 Music taste: very versatile 

So far i have a slight preference for the Soulution pre and the CH P power amp...
CH P is more versatile and upgradeable, Soulution is a bit more fuller sound....

Did anyone compare those two brands/models?

moby2004

Showing 5 responses by moby2004

Thanks for your answers. Indeed Dartzeel is not a brand I put on my radar yet as it is not easy to demo where I live and as I like dynamics and fast transient was not too sure it was meeting the requirement ( I mean their stereo amp not their mono)

Thanks for the invitation Mike. You have very probably one of the best system in the world ! 
But i am living in Hong Kong so a but far. I think Dartzeel is represented as they have always a big room at the HK show but not too sure they have a local showroom. Will investigate!

And will give a second chance to Dag momentum. The first demo was very disappointing but it was more due the speakers room interaction.

I am still very undecided as many gears are not available for home demo making the choice more difficult.
Regarding CH P Dac, with the latest Ethernet board and the X1 power supply it s an excellent DAC with density,soundstage and dynamics.
Without the X1 still a good DAC but no longer a very good DAC.
Thanks for trying George.
According to my reading ( but no measurements indeed), those are not easy to drive speakers but  not the most demanding.( I don’t think they go much lower than 4ohms) I am not listening at ear splitting level and my listening distance is not too long so « raw power » is not the most critical criteria but still important for a long term purchase.
 I have been able to listen to the Soulution YG and Soulution Magico combo. For my taste it is definitely a good match ( at least with the latest Series 7 gen) . Is it « perfect » ? No it’s not ( « surnatural » dynamics sometimes, mid a bit too forward , treble not as airy and refined than some other top contenders) but definitely a combo I can live with and enjoy !
Regarding CH P ( or DAG or Dart) I can’t demo them with any Magico or YG unfortunately so it would be more a « bet ».