Soulution 725 or Robert Koda Takumi k10?

Hi,

I'd like to replace my Mark Levinson 380 and next week I'm going to listen to the Soulution: I've never had this chance. But what about the Takumi? Have you ever experienced one of those ? What do you think ?

renatocomes

Showing 4 responses by renatocomes

First of all, let me thank all of you for your support: I didn't know brands like Aries or T Mayer. I have the chance to hear Nagra stuff (+ power unit) which costs me the same as the Soulution.

As I said, next thursday I will listen the 725 and you'll be aware of my opinion despite this preamp is not placed in my home.

Very pleased to read your comments.

Hi all,

I listened very carefully the Soulution 725 with its 711 power ampli. I was very impressed of its precision and analytical reproduction (manly jazz).

The construction is impressive as well as the physical box, wow! The dealer made me a good discount plus took me back the ML.

Next 22nd Soulution will be at home and unless sonic disasters will remain at my home. 

Charles, David and EBM,

I "suspect" that Koda is much more musical then Soulution. @David this is very important to me, since I'm more Musicphile than Audiophile. I listen jazz, pop and classic music. My Mark Levinson 380 is quite analytical and I will try to understand if Soulution is even more analytical (the risk is musicality loss).

Another concern is which is the best fitting solution into my todays HIFI chain: Benz Micro MC, SME V (arm), Michell and VIDA phono preamp for analogic; Auralic aries 2.1 (streamer), esoteric p03 (CD) and esoteric d03 (DAC).

Laudspeakers are the glorious Acoustat X. I know that the new preamp will push me to more changes, especially on the analog side ....

I bought Soulution 725 for several reasons: I like sound details and Soulution is perfect. The Soulution seller was much more interested in my need that the RK one. If you want to buy a second hand RK you must check the firmware version because (according the RK seller) RK often evolve it (which is positive) but if you want buy a used machine you must check this version and be aware of the different features. Usually the few used machines that are on the market have old firmware versions and this is why there price differencies between apparently same preamp.