SOTA Sapphire Turntable setup - how much lead?

O ye men of wisdom:

I am the owner of a used SOTA Sapphire, which uses lead shot to balance the subchassis. The original owner did not keep the unused shot so now I am wondering:

What is the total amount or weight of the lead supplied with the turntable originally? I have enough lead, I just don't know the right amount to start with. Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards, hifigeezer
hifigeezer
When in doubt, read the instructions! I found it in the manual, the factory supplied weight is 2 pounds 14.5 ounces. Thanks all.
Thanks to all for your participation. According to two different sources on the web, the leg bolts on the SOTA are 5/16-18. Mine is still in the shop but I will verify it when I get it back. Regards, hifigeezer
You need enough lead shot so that the sum of your armboard weight and the lead shot weight equals from 2 lbs., 15 oz. and 3 lbs.
In short, the combined weight of the armboard and lead shot should be very close to and not exceed 3 lbs.
The combined weight of the SOTA-supplied armboard and the lead shot supplied with my turntable was exactly 3 lbs.
The 3 lbs total weight is to control the resonant frequency of the suspension.
Once you have the proper amount of lead shot, then follow the SOTA setup instructions.
sounds_real_audio answered this question on 03/21/2009. If you don't have a digital scale, Bed Bath & Beyond has a $20 scale that reads grams or ounces.