Sota Millenia vs Kuzma Stabi reference vs VPI HRX

I m considering buying one of the above.Pls give me yr opinion regarding the above with the appropriate synergistic tonearm and catridge
128x128audioblazer

Showing 2 responses by james1969

I had a Sota Cosmos mk3. I ordered a custom finish which began to crack after a month of receiving the turntable which was delivered 4 months after the promise date.

A year later, the table went back in for warranty service (the defective cabinet which cracked in several places) which was suppose to take 2 weeks to turn around. Granted I opted for the mk4 upgrade which cost an additional $800 or $900 I forget which delayed the return of the table for 3 months.

The turntable came back and it looked amazing. But my ear was able to hear that the Cosmos Mk4 couldn't play a record at consistent speed. To this day, I still don't know where the money for the mk4 upgrade went. All I got was a bill/service receipt with a mk4 line item with the cost. No description as to where that money went into the table.

I have since had the opportunity to play with a vintage $300 turntable that keeps far better speed than the SOTA.
Yep, I know, they are in the cottage industry area, and I can certainly understand limited resources. Customer experience aside, the Cosmos mk4 did not play as steady as a Luxman PD-264. But having the vacuum pull down was very cool, and the final finish was drop dead gorgeous.