Sorry, it’s not me, it’s you?

I’ve tried everything, but it didn’t work out.  My speakers suck.  Different cables, different music, different placement, it didn’t matter what I did.  When I replaced them with some old standbys(after burning in the new speakers for over 60 hours), the magic came back.

i just bought the speakers 2 weeks ago at the Black Friday sale, and I finally realized it was a big mistake.  So today I took them back, and frankly, I feel relieved.  
Has anyone else had this experience with speakers or components?  Maybe even after a couple of years?
213runnin
Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I'm just glad I was within the return window for the speakers!  It's not my only misstep, however.

The Parasound P5.  Sigh.  I really liked the idea of the bass management/crossover for my sub.  And truthfully, it did a good job with that and integrating the speakers well.

But the dac was not good.  And the overall SQ was not up to their Halo standards IMHO.  I sold it off for the Schiit Audio Freya +.  Cheaper and much superior SQ, with fewer features.  
Millercarbon is perfect, just ask him. Apparently his favorite game as ( still as) a child was you’re it and I quit. Never ever in the kind old days of this site would you see a childish answer in a forum like this. 
All speakers are a mistake. It's only a matter of time before you want something else.