Sorbathane under granite slabs for speaker bases?

I’m getting two 12"x12" granite slabs to use as bases under my KEF Reference Model 2s via spikes. They will be sitting on a 5" high hollow tile shelf. Would using thin (.25") 70 duro sorbathane under the slabs help in isolating the speakers or will it possibly negatively impact the sound?

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro
Well, transforming vibration to heat is what ANY constrained layer viscoelastic type damper does, but Sorbothane is not as good at this as many other materials for whatever set of reasons. Any major dude will tell you. Certainly Sorbothane doesn’t isolate down to 5 Hz. That’s hooey. In the overall scale of things I’m inclined to say Sorbothane is one of those materials a lot like lead that appears to be a good idea but in practice actually hurts the sound. Great for running shoes, though.

Sorbothane, or any elastic substance will allow the speaker to move - esp. when a bass note at high volume is sounded.  This is a no-no in any box speaker, as that will phase-modulate all of the sound.

If you have box speakers, you want spikes.
I use spikes on my main speakers.  However I have to say that the sorbothane applied to the front of the speakers, especially the 1/2" 70 duro, does far more for the sound than the spikes. As regard putting sorb footers under speakers, people have been doing it for a long time and many report good results.  But I tend to agree with the above comment about allowing the speaker to move. Of course many things that would seem to be a problem turn out not to be so.  Given the positive reports, I wouldn't be dogmatic about not trying sorb footers.